· Keep Dad in the Game: Major League Baseball and the Detroit Tigers have partnered with the Prostate Cancer Foundation to "keep dad in the game", by dedicating today's game to the fight against prostate cancer. MLB supports the Prostate Cancer Foundation's 19th annual "Home Run Challenge" to benefit the Prostate Cancer Foundation's efforts to raise funds for prostate cancer research and awareness. During the "Home Run Challenge", fans can make a monetary pledge for each home run hit during all MLB games from Sunday, June 8 through Father's Day, Sunday, June 15. During the game, players from both clubs will wear light blue wristbands and blue ribbon decals to raise awareness for the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
· The national anthem will be performed by Ariel, Zoey and Eli Engelbert from the nationally syndicated children's television show Ariel & Zoey & Eli, too on PBS.
· PAWS For Applause: The PAWS for Applause program is a partnership between the Detroit Tigers and the Observer & Eccentric Newspapers. It's a campaign that celebrates youth who volunteer their time and resources to make the community better. During the 2014 Tigers season, fans have the opportunity to submit an essay to the O&E Newspapers to nominate a young person in their community for doing something to make their community better. Today's winner is Noah Michael Hahn from Farmington Hills, Michigan.
· All Sunday home games are Kids Days at Comerica Park. All kids 14-and-younger will receive a free promotional item as part of the "Every Kid, Every Sunday" giveaway guarantee, can enjoy free rides courtesy of Kroger on the Comerica Bank Carousel or the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, can take part in free face painting, have the chance to win a Fisher Price mini-Corvette and are invited down to the field for Kids Run the Bases courtesy of Aquafina following the game, weather permitting.
·Father's Day Merchandise at the D Shop:
o Limited Edition PAWS Bobblehead honoring Dads-$75
o Plus, spend $200 or-more on licensed merchandise and receive a free commemorative Tigers branded glass set (while supplies last).
SPECIAL WEEKDAY VALUE PACK FOR THE TIGERS SERIES AGAINST THE ROYALS!
Detroit's #1 Sports and Entertainment Value brings you more bang for your buck with the Weekday Value Pack. Each pack includes Four Upper Reserved tickets, Four hot dogs, Four small soft drinks and Four bags of potato chips. Valid Monday-Thursday all season long, (except LAD and NYY). Go to tigers.com/tickets to learn more.
Monday, June 16 at 7:08 p.m. vs. Kansas City Royals Gates Open at 5:00 p.m.
· Mario's MVP: Each Monday home game during the 2014 season, Tigers broadcaster, Mario Impemba invites 30 Veterans of all eras and the families impacted by the loss of a loved one in support of our nation, to come down to the ballpark on the FOX Sports Detroit Fan Express and enjoy a Tigers game. Each Veteran or family member is given a special "MVP" t-shirt, game ticket and food voucher thanks to Mario Impemba and the Detroit Tigers Foundation, an affiliate of Ilitch Charities. On June 16, Mario's MVPs are Gold Star families as selected through the U.S. Army Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation Programs. The Department of Defense issues Gold Star lapel buttons and military service-issued Lapel Buttons for Next of Kin of Deceased Personnel. The pins are designed to signify the loss of a loved one in support of our nation. They will have the opportunity to meet Impemba prior to the game at the FOX Sports Detroit stage in the Brushfire Grill at 5:40 p.m.
· Kinsler's Kids Program: Through the generosity of Tigers infielder Ian Kinsler and his wife Tess, the Detroit Tigers Foundation, an affiliate of Ilitch Charities, is proud to launch Kinsler's Kids. Through the program, the Kinsler family invites 20 guests from local charitable organizations focused on serving the needs of children to attend a Tigers baseball game. Kinsler's Kids provides families the opportunity to enjoy a special evening of Tigers baseball at Comerica Park in the Kinsler Family luxury suite, "Kinsler's Kids" t-shirts, ballpark fare catering and an autographed photo signed by Ian Kinsler. Tonight's "Kinsler's Kids" are from the Children's Center which leads the way in providing an integrated approach to community mental health that treats the whole child and the whole family. With community partners, The Children's Center offers meaningful solutions that address mental, physical and behavioral health, abuse and neglect, and poverty challenges currently faced by over 100,000 children in the Greater Detroit area.
· The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown out by World War II Veteran, Martin Eggert.
· Verlander's Victory for Veterans: For each of his home starts, Verlander hosts Veterans from Veterans Affairs Medical Centers throughout the state of Michigan. These Veterans sustained injuries or illness in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom or in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom. The Veterans along with their families cheer on the Tigers from the comfort of Verlander's personal luxury suite. After serving our country, the special day provides American veterans the opportunity to enjoy a Tigers game with their family. Veterans share 18 luxury suite tickets and parking passes in the Tigers Parking Garage. Food and beverage is provided for the guests courtesy of Verlander. Veterans receive a personalized welcome letter from Verlander while all guests receive a Verlander's Victory for Veterans t-shirt.
Tuesday, June 17 at 7:08 p.m. Gates Open at 5:00 p.m.
· The first 10,000 fans will receive a Justin Verlander Floppy Hat, courtesy of National Coney Island.
· MLB AT the Ballpark Check-In Experiences: One lucky fan that checks in at Comerica Park with the MLB at the Ballpark app will have the opportunity to watch batting practice from the field at Comerica Park prior to tonight's game. Fans may check in beginning four hours prior to game time.
Wednesday, June 18 at 1:08 p.m. Gates Open at 11:00 a.m.
· Softball 360 Long Haul Bombers Stadium Power Tour: Prior to today's game the Softball 360 Long Haul Bombers Stadium Power Tour will host a home run derby on the field at Comerica Park beginning at 12:00 noon. Four teams of two players will compete to see who can hit the most home runs. The Softball 360 Power Tour will be travelling to major and minor league ballparks throughout the summer. Player bios and videos from previous competitions can be found at softball360.com
· Game Ball Delivery: Today's game ball will be delivered by Sergeant Tyler Vanderberghe of the United States Army National Guard from Hillsdale, Michigan.
Thursday, June 19 at 1:08 p.m. Gates Open at 11:00 a.m.
· Makeup game from the Tigers and Royals game on April 3 that was cancelled due to weather. All tickets from the April 3 game will be honored for today's game. No ticket exchange is necessary.
New for 2014, the Detroit Tigers are offering "Dynamic Deals" for select games throughout the season. Don't miss your chance to see the Tigers battle for their fourth consecutive American League Central Division crown. Tickets start at just $10. For more information, visit tigers.com/tickets.