DETROIT - The Tigers will continue their 10-game homestand tomorrow night at Comerica Park against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (April 18-20). The homestand concludes with four games against the Chicago White Sox (April 21-24). First pitch for Friday's game against the Angels starts at 7:08 p.m. while Saturday and Sunday's contests begin at 1:08 p.m. First pitches for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday against the White Sox are at 7:08 p.m. and the homestand concludes with a day game on Thursday at 1:08 p.m.
Tickets are available at the Comerica Park Box Office, online at tigers.com and by phone at (866) 66-TIGER (84437). For complete ticket information including season, group and suites visit tigers.com/tickets or call 313-471-BALL (2255).
APRIL DYNAMIC DEALS
New for 2014, the Detroit Tigers are offering "Dynamic Deals" for select games in April. Fans can enjoy discounts on tickets to see the Tigers battle their AL Central Division rivals at home. For more information, visit tigers.com/tickets.
Friday, April 18 vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at 7:08 p.m. Gates Open at 5:00 p.m. (Probables: LHP Drew Smyly vs. RHP Jered Weaver)
- Autism Awareness: The Detroit Tigers have partnered with Major League Baseball and Jack's Place for Autism to raise awareness of autism. The goal of the program is to heighten awareness among baseball fans of autism and the necessary research for treatment and a possible cure. The efforts are focused in April, Autism Awareness month. Representatives from Jack's Place for Autism along with beneficiaries of Jack's Place will have an informational table on the concourse April 15-24 and will be featured in a pre-game ceremony on the field at Comerica Park.
- Game Ball Delivery: Tonight's game ball will be delivered by Second Lieutenant Joshua Hurst of the United States Army from Canton, Mich. Second Lieutenant Hurst recently returned from his first deployment in Afghanistan. During this deployment, he was awarded the Combat Action Badge. Second Lieutenant Hurst has proudly served the Army for one year.
Saturday, April 19 vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at 1:08 p.m. Gates Open at 11:00 a.m. (Probables: RHP Max Scherzer vs. LHP C.J. Wilson)
- Wilson Defensive Award: Prior to the game, Tigers outfielder, Austin Jackson will be recognized for being named the Tigers top defensive player in 2013 by Wilson.
- Lineup Card Delivery: The Detroit Tigers will host the future skipper of the USS Detroit, Commander Michael Wohnhaas to deliver the line-up card and be introduced to the fans at Comerica Park. Commander Wohnhaas is the Prospective Commanding Officer of USS DETROIT (LCS 7). He will be the first Commanding Officer of the sixth naval ship to be named for the great city of Detroit when she is launched this summer at the Lockheed-Martin Marinette shipyard in Wisconsin. A multi-mission warship, USS DETROIT will be commissioned in 2016.
- The national anthem will be performed by Master at Arms Petty Officer Second Class Steven E. Miller.
- The Navy Sea Cadet Color Guard will present the nation's colors.
Sunday April 20 vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at 1:08 p.m. Gates Open at 11:00 a.m. (Probables: RHP Rick Porcello vs. LHP Hector Santiago)
- Every Kid Every Sunday: Every kid 14-and-younger will receive a Torii Hunter Mini-Bat, sponsored by Subway.
- Easter Fun: Prior to the game several dozen Kids Club members will be selected to participate in a special parade with the Easter Bunny and PAWS. During the game, the Easter Bunny will be located on the concourse for fans to meet and greet.
- The national anthem will be performed by The Forte Trio Boys.
- All Sunday home games are Kids Days at Comerica Park. All kids 14-and-younger will receive a free promotional item as part of the "Every Kid, Every Sunday" giveaway guarantee, can enjoy free rides courtesy of Kroger on the Comerica Bank Carousel or the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, can take part in free face painting, have the chance to win a bicycle and are invited down to the field for Kids Run the Bases courtesy of Aquafina and Meijer following the game, weather permitting.
Monday, April 21 vs. Chicago White Sox at 7:08 p.m. Gates open at 5:00 p.m.
- MVP Program: Each Monday home game during the 2014 season, Tigers broadcaster, Mario Impemba invites 30 Veterans of all eras and their families to come down to the ballpark on the FOX Sports Detroit Fan Express and enjoy a Tigers game. Each Veteran is given a special "MVP" t-shirt, game ticket and food voucher thanks to Mario Impemba and the Detroit Tigers Foundation. Guests from Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 154 will attend the game on April 21 and will have the opportunity to meet Impemba prior to the game at the FOX Sports Detroit stage in the Brushfire Grill at 5:40 p.m.
- Law Enforcement Night: The Tigers will host Law Enforcement Appreciation Night at Comerica Park. This special night is dedicated to honoring the service and sacrifice of law enforcement officers and their families, and will help raise awareness and funds for the National Law Enforcement Museum in Washington, DC. The Tigers offer a special ticket package for law enforcement officers, their families, and supporters. The Tigers will donate $10 from each ticket that was sold directly to the National Law Enforcement Museum.
Tuesday, April 22 vs. Chicago White Sox at 7:08 p.m. Gates Open at 5:00 p.m.
- Miss Michigan Night: Prior to the game, the Tigers will recognize all of the young women currently in the running to become Miss Michigan. Current Miss Michigan Haley Williams will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
Wednesday, April 23 vs. Chicago White Sox at 7:08 p.m. Gates Open at 5:00 p.m.
- The first 10,000 fans will receive an Anibal Sanchez 17 K's DVD, courtesy of FOX Sports Detroit.
Thursday, April 24 vs. Chicago White Sox at 1:08 p.m. Gates Open at 11:00 a.m.
- The first pitch will be thrown out by Chevrolet Indy Car Driver / Team Owner, Ed Carpenter.
- Aquafina School Incentive Days: During six select games this season, the Tigers and Aquafina will host over 10,000 students from local schools to reward them for being a member of their school's safety patrol or having perfect attendance for a marking period. On April 17, 24 and May 8 as part of the School Incentive and Reward Program, a total of 3,000 orange bucket hats will be given away to students courtesy of Aquafina.