DETROIT - Don't miss your chance to come to Comerica Park for Opening Weekend 2014. The Tigers will welcome the Baltimore Orioles for a three-game weekend series in the "D". First pitch for each game is set for 1:08 p.m. Friday's matchup features a special pregame ceremony honoring the Tigers 2013 award winners, while on Saturday, the first 10,000 fans through the gates will receive a 2014 Magnet Schedule, courtesy of Comerica Bank. Kids will have a blast on Sunday at the second annual Kids Opening Day, sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. There will be a special pre-game clinic and healthy activities and lessons for all families. Don't miss your chance to be a part of this special weekend at the ballpark: get your tickets now!
Tickets are available at the Comerica Park Box Office, online at tigers.com and by phone at (866) 66-TIGER (84437). For complete ticket information including season, group and suites visit tigers.com/tickets or call 313-471-BALL (2255).
APRIL DYNAMIC DEALS
New for 2014, the Detroit Tigers are offering "Dynamic Deals" for select games in April. Fans can enjoy discounts on tickets to see the Tigers battle their AL Central Division rivals at home. For more information, visit tigers.com/tickets.
Friday, April 4 vs. Baltimore Orioles at 1:08 p.m. Gates Open at 11:00 a.m. (Probables: Anibal Sanchez vs. Miguel Gonzalez)
· Silver Slugger, MVP and Cy Young Award Presentations: Prior to the game, Miguel Cabrera and Torii Hunter will be presented with their 2013 American League Silver Slugger awards for being the best hitter at their respective positions last season. Miguel Cabrera and Max Scherzer will also be honored with a special pre-game on-field ceremony prior to the game for winning the American League MVP award and American League Cy Young award, respectively.
· The national anthem will be performed by Jerry Viviano and John Chudoba from the Conan O'Brien Show.
· Aquafina School Incentive Days: During six select games this season, the Tigers and Aquafina will host over 10,000 students from local schools to reward them for being a member of their school's safety patrol or having perfect attendance for a marking period.
Saturday, April 5 vs. Baltimore Orioles at 1:08 p.m. Gates Open at 11:00 a.m. (Probables Rick Porcello vs. Bud Norris)
· The first 10,000 fans will receive a 2014 Magnet Schedule, courtesy of Comerica Bank.
· Comerica Bank Grand Slam Grant Check Presentation: Comerica Bank will present Robichaud High School and Mona Shores High School each with a $10,000 Grand Slam Grant to support the high school's baseball and softball programs. The ceremony will feature Tigers outfielder Rajai Davis. Following the ceremony, a representative from each school will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Each baseball and softball program will receive complimentary tickets to enjoy Saturday's game courtesy of Comerica Bank.
· Detroit Dog Rescue: Prior to the start of the game, representatives from the Detroit Dog Rescue will be honored in a special pre-game on-field ceremony for their work raising awareness for the plight of the forgotten, stray and homeless dogs of Detroit.
Sunday, April 6 - KIDS OPENING DAY vs. Baltimore Orioles at 1:08 p.m. Gates Open at 11:00 a.m. (Probables: Justin Verlander vs. Chris Tillman)
· For the second straight year kids will get an Opening Day of their own, sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. Prior to the game there will be a special on-field clinic teaching children from participating charities how to lead a healthy and active lifestyle. Winners from the tigers.com essay contest will take part in special activities including Kids Take the Field prior to the game. Additionally, all Kids 14-and-under will receive a Miguel Cabrera Back-to-Back MVP poster, courtesy of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
· Verlander's Victory for Veterans: When Justin Verlander takes the mound at Comerica Park, he strives for victory. This season, his outings on the hill take on a new meaning. For each of his home starts, Verlander hosts Veterans from Veterans Affairs Medical Centers throughout the state of Michigan. These Veterans sustained injuries or illness in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom or in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom. The Veterans along with their families cheer on the Tigers from the comfort of Verlander's personal luxury suite. After serving our country, the special day provides American veterans the opportunity to enjoy a Tigers game with their family. Veterans share 18 luxury suite tickets and parking passes in the Tigers Parking Garage. Food and beverage is provided for the guests courtesy of Verlander. Veterans receive a personalized welcome letter from Verlander and a Verlander's Victory for Veterans t-shirt. When you see Verlander on the mound, he is not only playing for his team and Tigers fans around the world, he is also playing for America's heroes.
All Sunday home games are Kids Days at Comerica Park. All kids 14-and-younger will receive a free promotional item as part of the "Every Kid, Every Sunday" giveaway guarantee, can enjoy free rides courtesy of Kroger on the Comerica Bank Carousel or the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, can take part in free face painting, have the chance to win a bicycle and are invited down to the field for Kids Run the Bases courtesy of Aquafina and Meijer following the game, weather permitting.