DETROIT - Opening Week festivities at Comerica Park begin Monday, March 31, and the Detroit Tigers continue to offer fans Detroit's No. 1 sports value with an enhanced gameday experience for the entire 2014 season, which marks the Tigers' 15th season at Comerica Park. The Tigers have several new additions for fans to enjoy in 2014, including new seat locations, concession items, merchandise and promotions.
The Tigers six-game homestand to open the season begins when they host the Kansas City Royals March 31, Wednesday, April 2 and Thursday, April 3 at 1:08 p.m. Detroit then welcomes the Baltimore Orioles for games, Friday, April 4, Saturday, April 5, and Sunday, April 6 at 1:08 p.m.
Be sure to get your Tigers tickets for the Opening Homestand and games in 2014 at Comerica Park now! For single game ticket information call 866-66-TIGER. For season, group, parties and suites call 313-471-BALL (2255). For complete ticket information visit tigers.com/tickets.
~NEW IN 2014~
COMERICA PARK GATES OPEN TWO HOURS PRIOR TO FIRST PITCH
- Gates to Comerica Park will open two hours prior to first pitch allowing fans to watch Tigers batting practice.
PEPSI PORCH - RIGHT FIELD RENOVATION
- The new-look right field deck area is open to all fans and will offer an enhanced entertainment value with spectacular field views and increased amenities. The New Amsterdam 416 bar on the Pepsi Porch is a unique social setting with a relaxed outdoor environment, where fans can sit comfortably in high-end outdoor furniture, with a nearby fire feature, big flat screen TV's, and enjoy a ballgame.
- This project is a joint venture between the Detroit Tigers and partner the Delaware North Companies Sportservice. It's another phase of ballpark enhancements that most recently include the redesign of a new High Definition video board, suite renovations, the opening of a retail store, The D Shop and the MotorCity Casino Hotel Champions Club.
- 180 additional seats have been canter levered off the front of this area and offered as Season Ticket packages. 44 of these seats will be offered as a unique 4-top table type configuration for a one of a kind intimate seating experience. Season Ticket packages in this area are available. Approximately 320 new bleacher style seats have been added to the rooftop area of the Labatt Blue Light Jungle and offered on an individual game basis from $9-$17 depending upon the game. 773 lower level bleacher seats have been upgraded to 694 larger, more comfortable stadium style seating featuring individual seat backs, cup holders and arm rests. Comerica Park capacity has increased by 426 seats to 41,681 from 41,255.
GIVEAWAYS, SPECIAL EVENTS, FIREWORKS
- 33 Giveaway dates are scheduled for 2014, in addition to 15 special events.
- 16 Postgame Fireworks shows following every Friday and Saturday night game May 23 thru September 27.
KIDS OPENING DAY
- All kids 14-and-under will receive a Miguel Cabrera Back-To-Back MVP poster, courtesy of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Twenty-One winning entries will be selected from an Essay Contest with each winner receiving four complimentary game tickets as well as the opportunity to participate in "Kids Opening Day."
- Free rides on the Comerica Bank Carousel and the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel
1984 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS 30TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
- Join the Detroit Tigers in celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the 1984 World Series team on Monday, June 30. A special pre-game on-field ceremony will pay tribute to Detroit's most recent World Series victory. In addition, the first 20,000 fans to enter Comerica Park will receive a 1984 Replica Road Jersey, featuring the 30th Anniversary logo, courtesy of Comerica Bank.
- Torii Hunter Silver Slugger Mini-Bat - Sunday, April 20 (All kids 14-and-under, courtesy of Subway)
- Miguel Cabrera 3-Time Batting Champion Trophy - Friday, May 9 (1st 10,000 fans, courtesy of Pepsi)
- Max Scherzer Cy Young Award Bobblehead - Thursday, June 5 (1st 15,000 fans, courtesy of BallPark)
- Justin Verlander Floppy Hat - Tuesday, June 17 (1st 10,000 fans, courtesy of National Coney Island)
- Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Collectible Figurine - Saturday, August 2 (1st 15,000 adults, courtesy of Miller Lite)
- Justin Verlander Mini-Bobblehead - Thursday, August 14 (1st 10,000 fans, courtesy of Frito Lay)
- Miguel Cabrera 2-Time MVP Bobblehead - Friday, August 15 (1st 10,000 fans, courtesy of the Detroit Tigers)
NEW ITEMS AVAILABLE AT THE D SHOP PRESENTED BY MAJESTIC
- Tiger Ears and Tiger Tail
- Hello Kitty merchandise line sporting the Old English D, including hipster glasses, purse, pin, sticker, pillow and keychain
- Fans purchasing a hat at Comerica Park can get it personalized with a name, number or date for an additional $10 at the Pro Shop
- Nike performance head wear line
- Brad Ausmus name and number t-shirt
- Authentic on field New Era knit hat for 2014
- 2014 Media Guide - Featuring two-time AL MVP Miguel Cabrera and AL Cy Young Award Winner Max Scherzer
- 2014 Edition of Team Yearbook - Featuring Miguel Cabrera, Torii Hunter, Victor Martinez, Max Scherzer and Justin Verlander
- Tigers Magazine with Scorecard - Featuring Miguel Cabrera
NEW MENU ITEMS THROUGHOUT BALLPARK
- Several new food items are available this year throughout Comerica Park. New items at the Topped Dogs stand, which is located in the Tigers Food Court, include the Slaw Dog, the Pork & Beans Dog, the Late Night Dog and the Poutine Dog. Also located in the Tigers Food Court, the Mexican Stand will now feature a Burrito Bowl. The Taco Cart, which is near section 135 on level one, now includes Street Tacos.
NEW GAMEDAY PROMOTIONS
- "Quarter-Minute to Win It!" sponsored by Storage Pros - A Tigers fan is challenged to think of as many items in a category (i.e. types of pitches; things in your refrigerator, etc.) and the result is compared to a video of a Tigers player taking on the same challenge
- "Sweet Moments" sponsored by Hudsonville Ice Cream & "Classic Tigers" sponsored by Frito Lay - Both video board features include fresh, new interviews with Tigers stars, past and present, bring the franchise's incredible history to life
- "Dance Contest" sponsored by Massage Green Spa - Two Tigers fans are pitted head-to-head in the ultimate dance contest, with the scoreboard prompting favorites like "The Robot" and "The Funky Chicken"
DTE ENERGY IS BACK AS SPONSOR OF THE DTE ENERGY SQUAD
- The Tigers welcome DTE Energy back as the presenting sponsor of the Detroit Tigers DTE Energy Squad. The DTE Energy Squad will be present at all Detroit Tigers home games and at various community events in 2014. At home games, the DTE Energy Squad will rally all fans to cheer on their Tigers players, in addition to distributing great prizes during most inning breaks. They will also contribute to the positive community impact that the Detroit Tigers foster throughout Metro Detroit by visiting a variety of community organizations during the 2014 season.
DETROIT TIGERS SOCIAL MEDIA CLUBHOUSE
- Stay up to date on the latest Tigers news in the #Tigers Social Media Clubhouse (tigers.com/connect)
- Follow the Tigers on Facebook (facebook.com/tigers) and Twitter (@Tigers)
- Track all of the fun happenings in and around the ballpark on Instagram (@Tigers), Google Plus (+Tigers) and Pinterest (pinterest.com/tigersbaseball)
- Twitter en español! (@TigresdeDetroit)
- #TigersPics: This season fans who upload their photos to Instagram using the hashtag #TigersPics could see their photo on the scoreboard at Comerica Park!
MLB AT BAT 2014
- The #1 sports app of all-time, MLB At Bat, returns for the 2014 season with live Spring Training baseball from the Grapefruit and Cactus Leagues. MLB.com At Bat is the official app of Major League Baseball.
New for At Bat 14
- Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat 14 subscribers (portable to Mac/PC with a valid MLB.com account)
- Universal support for At Bat 14 subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
- Complete app re-design to optimize your At Bat experience for iOS 7
- Redesigned to deliver inline video playback
- New league-wide scoreboard functionality for single-tap expansion
- Additional push notification options, including every run-scoring play beginning Opening Day
- One-time annual fee of $19.99 for the entire 2014 season, Spring Training through the World Series, or monthly recurring fee of $2.99
- MLB.TV Premium subscribers receive At Bat 14 for free
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone: 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5C & 5S iPod touch: 3rd, 4th & 5th generation and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
NEW FANTASY EXPERIENCES
Detroit Tigers Road Trip to Chicago
- August 29-31, 2014 - Join former Tigers player Dan Petry on a road trip to Chicago to see the Tigers face the White Sox
- Includes round trip bus transportation and two nights at the Tigers team hotel
Fantasy Camp at Comerica Park
- Take part in a summer baseball fantasy camp at Comerica Park, dates to be announced
Take Batting Practice at Comerica Park
- Take batting practice off former Tiger Dave Rozema in a 3 ½ hour on field session on a Friday night or Saturday morning
Tour of Comerica Park
- Take a private behind the scenes tour of Comerica Park and the Tigers front office
Call 313-471-2550 for all experiences
- Team Tigers is a free online registration program specifically designed to provide new and growing youth baseball/softball programs the resources to help have a successful season
- Benefits include resource manuals provided by the Baseball Tomorrow Fund and exclusive Team Tigers wristbands as well as the opportunity to apply for equipment, youth baseball/softball coaching awards, Tigers tickets and additional support from the Detroit Tigers Foundation
- Annually, Team Tigers registers nearly 600 teams and over 9,000 young, aspiring ballplayers
- Coaches are encouraged to register annually for Team Tigers at www.tigers.com/teamtigers
LIMITED EDITION DETROIT TIGERS FOUNDATION BOWTIE
- New in 2014, the Detroit Tigers Foundation has partnered with the BowTie Cause Foundation to offer a limited edition custom bow tie to support youth baseball in the greater Detroit community.
- The BowTie features the Club's signature blue and orange colors in a pattern designed to represent both the stiches on a baseball and the tread of a tire cruising around the Motor City. The first 276 BowTies are numbered on the back, each representing a regular season win during the team's Back-to-Back-to-Back American League Central Division Championships from 2011-2013.
- Limited availability. For more information visit tigers.com/bowtie or call 313-471-2113.
50/50 CHARITY RAFFLE
- The Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Charity Raffle returns to Comerica Park this season at every Friday and Saturday home game beginning Friday, May 9.
- New in 2014, the 50/50 Charity Raffle will be held on an electronic platform with volunteers selling raffle tickets through fixed touch-screen terminals and mobile devices. As a result, every transaction will be captured electronically, providing real-time raffle information to displays located throughout Comerica Park.
- 50/50 Charity Raffle volunteers will be stationed throughout the concourse, at entry gates and at 50/50 raffle terminals selling raffle tickets from the time gates open until the end of the third inning.
KEEPING KIDS IN THE GAME - MONDAY, JULY 7
- The 6th Annual Keeping Kids in the Game presented by Lear Corporation, the Detroit Tigers Foundation's signature summer fundraiser, will be hosted by Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera on Monday, July 7 at Comerica Park.
- The event features exclusive ballpark and field access including self-guided tours of the home clubhouse, dugout photo station and private fireworks show. In addition, guests enjoy live entertainment, extraordinary auction items, strolling dinner, drinks and cigars in the Tiger Club.
- Proceeds from the event benefit children health and youth baseball programs through the Detroit Tigers Foundation, Miguel Cabrera Foundation, Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation and University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital.
- Limited sponsor and ticket packages available by calling 313-471-2113.