Tigers to host Game 5 of American League Championship Series at 8:07 p.m.
DETROIT- The American League Central Division Champion Detroit Tigers will host Game Five of the American League Championship Series against the Boston Red Sox on Thursday, October 17 at 8:07 p.m. at Comerica Park. A limited number of tickets for Game Five of the ALCS are still available by calling 866-66-TIGER, or by visiting Tigers.com.
Thursday, October 17 - Boston Red Sox (Probables: Anibal Sanchez vs. Jon Lester) @ 8:07 p.m.
· All fans will receive a Detroit Tigers Rally Towel, courtesy of Pepsi.
· First Pitch: The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown out by former Tigers All-Star and 1984 World Series Champion, Jack Morris.
· National Anthem: The national anthem will be performed by the Detroit School of Arts Male Ensemble, Vision Choir. The Detroit School of Arts is a nationally renowned Arts and Academic high school that offers a strong college preparatory Academic and Arts Curriculum.
· Game Ball Delivery: Staff Sergeant Christopher Nowicki of Saginaw, Michigan will deliver the game ball. Staff Sergeant Nowicki has served two deployments in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn. He currently serves as the Assistant Operations and Training NCO at headquarters in Lansing and is a Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear defense specialist. He has been awarded the Army Commendation Medal, Navy Achievement Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal and the Michigan National Guard's Lifesaving Medal. Staff Sergeant Nowicki has proudly served the military for 17 years.
· AL Central Champions Gear: Tigers fans still have the opportunity to purchase the same official apparel worn by the team during the postgame clubhouse celebration. Postseason gear is available at The D Shop, at Comerica Park on the corner of Witherell Street and Montcalm Street.