A look at some notable facts and figures from the Oakland Athletics' 1-0 win over the Detroit Tigers in Game 2 of the American League Division Series at O.co Coliseum on Saturday.
• It was the Athletics' second 1-0 win in franchise postseason history and their first since 1974. It was the first 1-0 walk-off win in a postseason game since the Twins in Game 7 of the 1991 World Series.
• Saturday's game marked just the eighth time in postseason history that a hit snapped a scoreless tie to end a game.
• Sonny Gray became the second pitcher in Athletics postseason history with at least eight scoreless innings pitched, nine strikeouts, and four or fewer hits. Chief Bender was the other pitcher in 1905.
• Gray is the fifth rookie starter in Oakland's past seven postseason games.
• Gray is one of three pitchers from Vanderbilt University to start a game in this postseason, along with Atlanta's Mike Minor and Tampa Bay's David Price.
• Miguel Cabrera has reached base in all 26 postseason games he's played in with the Tigers, a franchise record.
• Yoenis Cespedes has hit safely in all seven postseason games in his career. It's also the longest ALDS hitting streak and the longest career-opening postseason hitting streak in Oakland history.
• It was 82 degrees at 1st pitch, the second-warmest home start for the A's in 2013.
• Justin Verlander has four career 10-strikeout games in the postseason, one shy of tying the most in MLB history.
• Alberto Callaspo recorded his first career postseason hit with a pinch-hit double in the eighth inning.
• Tigers pitchers struck out a total of 29 batters in consecutive games, a franchise record.
• Verlander extended his postseason scoreless streak against the A's to 22 innings, the longest streak in the playoffs for a starter against the A's since Christy Mathewson (28 innings) in 1905 and '11.
• Verlander has struck out 11 in each of his last three postseason starts versus Oakland.
• Stephen Vogt has thrown out 9-of-29 (31 percent) attempted basestealers this season.
• Gray is the first rookie with at least eight scoreless innings and nine strikeouts in a postseason game since Baltimore's Mike Boddicker in 1983.
• The A's are 11-5 when tied after eight innings this year, while the Tigers are 5-14.
• The Tigers haven't scored over the last 17 innings of the series.
Bobby Nightengale is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.