The Tigers conclude the ten-game homestand with a three-game series against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim starting tomorrow night. Tuesday and Wednesday's games against the Angels begin at 7:08 p.m. and the final game of the homestand on Thursday begins at 1:08 p.m.
The fourth balloting update for the 84th All-Star Game, to be played on Tuesday, July 16th at Citi Field in New York, was announced on Saturday. Miguel Cabrera, who has never been an elected starter in the Midsummer Classic, continues to lead all American League players with 4,337,233 votes. Tigers are also among the leaders at first base (Prince Fielder, second place), shortstop (Jhonny Peralta, second place), second base (Omar Infante, fourth place), designated hitter (Victor Martinez, fourth place), and outfield (Torii Hunter, fifth place; Austin Jackson, 12th place). The Tigers still need your support! Spread the word to ensure your favorite Tigers are represented at the 2013 All-Star Game. Vote now for the 2013 All-Star Game online or via your mobile phone up to 25 times on MLB.com until Thursday, July 4th at 11:59 p.m.
Get your Tigers tickets for this season at Comerica Park now! Tickets are available at the Comerica Park Box Office, online at tigers.com and by phone at (866) 66-TIGER (84437). For complete ticket information including single game, season, group and suites visit tigers.com/tickets or call 313-471-BALL (2255).
Tuesday, June 25 - Los Angeles Angels (Probables: Porcello vs. Wilson) @ 7:08 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
- Game Ball Delivery: Lance Corporal Brian Bielski of the United States Marine Corps from Troy, Michigan will deliver today's game ball. Lance Corporal Bielski recently completed his first tour of duty in Afghanistan with his military operation specialty in infantry. He has proudly served his country for two and a half years.
- Scherzer's Superstars: Tigers pitcher Max Scherzer invites 16 fans to Comerica Park for each remaining Tuesday home game. As guests of Scherzer, the group watches batting practice on the field, receives complimentary Scherzer's Superstars t-shirts and has the opportunity to meet Scherzer. The participants in the program are matches from Big Brothers Big Sisters Metro Detroit.
Wednesday, June 26 - Los Angeles Angels (Probables: Alvarez vs. Hanson) @ 7:08 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
- Cabrera's Chamitos: Tigers All-Star third baseman Miguel Cabrera will invite 20 fans to Comerica Park for each remaining Wednesday home game as part of his Cabrera's Chamitos program. The group will watch batting practice from the field, receive complimentary Cabrera's Chamitos t-shirts and will have the opportunity to meet Cabrera. The group is also treated to complimentary transportation to Comerica Park by the FOX Sports Detroit Fan Express. The program participants are from deserving charitable groups in the greater Detroit area. On June 26, the Detroit Bees baseball team will participate in the program. The Detroit Bees are located in southwest Detroit and provide a year round baseball program for boys age 7 to 14. The program stresses hard work, respect, teamwork and dedication while encouraging the young ballplayers to believe that no matter where you come from you can be successful in life as long as you respect others and try you best at all times.
- United States Naturalization Ceremony: For the seventh year, the Detroit Tigers welcome 60 individuals to be sworn in as American citizens during a pre-game ceremony on the field at Comerica Park. The oath will be administered by Judge Paul Borman through the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. The new citizens and their family members receive complimentary tickets courtesy of the Detroit Tigers to enjoy America's Favorite Pastime after officially becoming a citizen of the United States.
- Game Ball Delivery: First Sergeant Kent Smith of the United States Army from Clio, Michigan will deliver today's game ball. First Sergeant Smith recently returned from Afghanistan where he served with the 125th Infantry Battalion out of Flint. He also serves as the First Sergeant of the Michigan Army Training Center at Camp Grayling. First Sergeant Smith, during his three deployments, has earned a Bronze Star, a Meritous Service Medal, and Afghan and Iraqi Campaign Medals.
Thursday, June 27 - Los Angeles Angels (Probables: Fister vs. Weaver) @ 1:08 p.m. (Gates open at 11:30 a.m.)