DETROIT - The American League Central Division Champion Detroit Tigers will host Game Five of the American League Championship Series against the New York Yankees on Thursday, October 18, at Comerica Park. All gates will open at 2:00 p.m. First pitch will be at 4:07 p.m.
Thursday, October 18 - New York Yankees (Probables: Fister vs. Pettitte) @ 4:07 p.m. (Gates open at 2:00 p.m.)
- All fans will receive a Detroit Tigers Rally Towel, courtesy of 97.1 FM The Ticket.
- Former Tigers All-Star catcher, Ivan Rodriguez, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Thursday's game.
- The national anthem will be performed by legendary Motown vocal group, The Four Tops. The US Marine Corps Honor Guard will present colors.
- Game Ball Delivery: First Lieutenant Jason Everts of the Michigan Army National Guard from Rochester, Michigan will deliver the game ball. First Lieutenant Everts recently returned from a combat tour in Afghanistan and has also served in Kosovo and Iraq. He has received a Bronze Star and the Combat Infantry Badge. First Lieutenant Everts has proudly served the United States Army National Guard for 14 years.
- AL Central Champions Gear: Tigers fans still have the opportunity to purchase the same official apparel worn by the team during the postgame clubhouse celebration. Postseason gear is available at The D Shop, which is located at Comerica Park on the corner of Witherell Street and Montcalm Street.